Thank you for your interest in this personal shopping assistant App and the Service provided to you by Signature Labs, Inc. ("Signature
THE INFORMATION SIGNATURE COLLECTS
- "Cookies" Information: When you download or use the App on your mobile device, whether or not you register for an account, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your device or browser. Signature may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close the App. A persistent cookie remains after you close the App and may be used by the App on subsequent uses of the App or the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review the appropriate "Help" file available on your mobile device to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from Signature, you may not be able to utilize all the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- Location Information: Some of the features of the Service may enable Signature to access information about your location in order to personalize your shopping experience based on your location ("Location-based Services"). In order to use Location-based Services, you must allow Signature access to your localized position through your mobile phone, which Signature may accomplish through a variety of means, including GPS location, IP address, cell tower location, geo-fencing technology, or detection by physical on-location Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors, as available. You will be given the option to automatically enable the provision of some Location-based Services through the App, and to enable or disable such Location-based Services at any time through the App's Settings menu. Note however, that while certain Location-based Services may not be disabled, such as the detection of your visits to Retailer locations, you will have the option to disable the Service from providing real-time notifications of such visits to in-store Retailer personnel. If you choose to disable such Location-based Services on your device and/or opt out of such Location-based Services through the App's Settings menu, you will not be able to utilize such features of the Service.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from the App by using different types of technology, including standard log files, "clear gifs" or "web beacons". This "automatically collected" information may include your device model and/or type, Device ID, current geographical location, and the dates, times, and locations of your use of the Service or any part thereof, content you accessed through the Service, and similar types of information.
THE WAY SIGNATURE USES INFORMATION
Signature uses the information it collects from or obtains about you for a variety of purposes in connection with the operation of its business, including the following.
- Signature will use your email address and/or Device ID to contact you via email and/or messages sent to your mobile device by using different types of technology (such as SMS or MMS messaging), for any reason, including without limitation for administrative and customer services purposes, addressing intellectual property infringement or privacy issues, and promotions and offers by Signature and/or the Retailers' stores.
- Signature uses the information that you provide or that it collects in order to establish and enhance its relationship with you. Signature generally uses the information you provide or that it collects to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on or through the Service. Signature may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about Signature's features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. Signature may also send promotional messages, information, or offers on behalf of other businesses, including Retailers, that we think you may be interested in. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links or methods described in such communications, or by updating your account preferences through the App.
- Signature uses the location information that you provide or that it collects to provide personalized services to you based on your then current location and/or your location history, such as informing you of new offers and/or items available for sale in Retailer stores near your location, providing real-time notifications to in-store sales personnel of Retailer's stores that you visit (unless you have configured the App to disable this feature), or allowing you to communicate with sales personnel of Retailers' stores. Signature also uses your location information, including your location history, to customize other information it provides to you through the Apps or the Service, such as by providing associative recommendations to you based on analyses of your location and usage history.
Signature may use the information that you provide or that it collects, including location information, to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of you and other users of the Service, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create and provide new features and functionality.
- Signature may use "automatically collected" information, "cookies" information, and location information, alone or in combination with other information it has collected from you, to: (a) personalize the Service, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or subsequent uses of the Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; and (c) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of users and the content most viewed by users.
WHEN SIGNATURE DISCLOSES INFORMATION
We are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing and maintaining the Service and operating our business. For example:
- Signature works with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide application development, hosting, maintenance, transcription, and support as well as other business services for us. These service providers may have access to or process your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services to us. For example, we may use third party providers of in-store sensors or other technology to identify you and notify Signature and the applicable Retailer when you enter a Retailer location, who will have access to your Device ID, and the date, time, and location where it was detected, in order to provide Signature with that information. These disclosures are generally made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- Signature works closely with its partner Retailers to provide feedback on the activities of end users of the Signature Service, providing information on the dates, times, and nature of end user interactions with the Service, including Retailer locations visited, catalog items viewed, and interactions with Retailer customer service personnel, to enable the Retailers to enhance the service provided to you and other customers.
- Signature may share automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information, including aggregate location information, with its business partners (including Retailers) or other interested third parties, to assist such entities in understanding the usage, shopping, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality provided on or through the Service.
- Signature may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or useful to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- Signature works to promote a safe and reliable service for all of its users. Signature reserves the right to disclose your information that it believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Signature and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend itself against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of Signature, its users, or others.
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER OR SALE
In the event that all or a portion of Signature or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, Signature reserves the right to transfer or assign the information that you have provided or it has collected in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share certain elements of your personally identifiable and/or location information with Signature, in which case Signature may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Signature Service. You will be given the option to automatically enable Location-based Services (as that term is defined in the End User License Agreement) through the App, and to enable or disable some of such Location-based Services at any time through the App's Settings menu. If you choose to disable any Location-based Services on your device and/or opt out of any Location-based Services through the App's Settings menu, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Service. You may also update, correct, or delete your profile information and account preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the App. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, Signature may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Service may contain links to websites and services provided by third parties, including without limitation the Retailers. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites, mobile applications, or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party's policies, if any, governing privacy and security. Signature is not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of such third party websites, applications, or services. You are strongly encouraged to learn about such third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Signature employs certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to help protect the integrity and security of its systems. Please note that this is not a guarantee that any information stored in such systems may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of such physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Signature cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Signature or to any third party, and you do so at your own risk. If Signature learns of a security systems breach, then it may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Signature may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach, please notify Signature at email@example.com.
The Service is intended for users located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing. Further, Signature may transfer this data from the United States to other jurisdictions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
SIGNATURE CONTACT INFORMATION
Last Revised: February 9, 2012